If you use Yoast SEO to manage redirects and you change your permalink structure you may need to update a large amount of your redirects.
Here is a small simple script to help with that. This was made for when you switch from https://www.sethryder.com/2018/10/31/sample-post/to https://www.sethryder.com/sample-post/. If you are switching to something else it should be easy to modify, you will just need to update the regex in the preg_replace.
The two rows you will want to run through this script in your database are the wpseo-premium-redirects-export-plainand the wpseo-premium-redirects-basein wp_options. I assume they may vary if you are not using the premium version of the plugin.
This script will take the serialized options in the database (that you copy into the expected text files) and go through them and remove/update the redirect links. Once finished it writes them to the new files and you can replace the rows in your database.
Recently I had to migrate a blog from its own subdomain to the primary domain in a directory (Example: blog.domain.com to www.domain.com/blog).
Migrating a blog to a different domain is easy enough and I have done it countless times. The twist this time is that they also wanted to switch the permalink structure from https://www.domain.com/2018/10/30/sample-post/to https://www.domain.com/sample-post/.
After some quick research it appears there are few plugins for WordPress that will help you with this. But even some of them require manually setting up redirects for each blog post. Also I like to avoid unnecessary plugins as this adds more to maintain, especially when you are managing a large amount of sites.
So the easiest way to do this is just with a simple rewrite/redirect. Here is what I am using in nginx:
Make sure you update to the new permalink structure right before placing the rewrite rule as this will cause 404 errors if you haven’t switched to the new structure.
This should be easy enough to do with Apache and moving from other date based permalink structure.
In the past year I moved our teams entire infrastructure monitoring from Nagios/collectd to Prometheus. The amount of visibility into our infrastructure it has provided that we didn’t have before has been invaluable.
We host a bunch of small WordPress and other custom built websites (along with a couple very large sites) that we use the Blackbox exporter to monitor the response code and SSL Certificate status. I wanted to be able to keep all the sites we monitored in two files without having to modify the prometheus.yml every time I needed to add or remove a site which could require a reload of Prometheus.
I ended up using the file based service discovery for this. I had to dig quite a bit to find an example (which I think I found in a Github issue). Someday I want to expand this to use proper service discovery (like we do for all the other exporters) but I wanted something simple to start.
Below is examples how I have this setup in the Prometheus and Blackbox exporter configs.
1) Add the blackbox exporter job to the prometheus.yml file:
2) Then we need to configure the Blackbox Exporter on how to handle our two config files (one for http one for https):
3) Finally our last two configs. These are the actually lists of sites that the blackbox exporter will be monitoring.
That should be it. Any changes you make to either of the http_2xx.yml or https_2xx.yml config will automatically be picked up by Prometheus based on your scrape_interval setting.
Feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions or issues.